Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
TagsGame Engines

Code Reuse

A topic by stanchyk7 created May 13, 2025 Views: 201 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

A while ago, I made an RPG project template for personal use. Can I use it and other code I have lying around during the jam?

Can I go a step further and have my jam game be a project started before the jam?

Jam Host(+1)

Hi there!

Personal templates are fine to use - we know many developers have tools and codebases they like to build from. 

However, please do keep in mind that the jam will have a theme, and the most standout entries usually emerge when the theme deeply shapes the creative direction. So while you're welcome to build on existing work, we encourage you to let the theme inspire something fresh and unique.

Let us know if you have any other questions!